Barcelona is an iconic metropolis, recognized for its vigorous tradition and creativity. Nevertheless, within the final 20 years, the town has additionally grow to be one of many world’s most engaging startup ecosystems. Barcelona is regularly ranked amongst Europe’s top five startup hubs and profitable corporations similar to Travelperk, Typeform, and Glovo had been based within the metropolis.
However what explains Barcelona’s popularity among entrepreneurs and what’s it wish to be a founder there?
TNW traveled to Barcelona to interview a number of worldwide and native founders to listen to what they needed to say in regards to the ecosystem’s strengths and weaknesses.
Who precisely did we discuss to? Let’s run via them shortly together with a brief tease of what they needed to say — and do watch the entire video to search out out extra about Barcelona!
- Cecelia Tham, future synthesist and serial founder, discusses how the town has modified during the last 20 years and its distinctive co-working scene
- Xavier Carrillo-Costa, CEO and founding father of Digital Legends, believes Barcelona is a good place to start out up, however he needs the ecosystem to develop into the remainder of Catalonia
- Nuria Pastor, CEO and co-founder of humanITcare, and Mariona Serra, CEO and co-founder of GoodGut, spotlight well being tech as the town’s key energy
- Jeroen Merchiers, founder and board member of LANAI Partners, provides an summary of the ecosystem’s funding panorama
- Laura Guerra Arias describes what it was wish to discovered her firm, Redpanti, throughout the pandemic and the way the native networking scene helped her out
- The CEO and founding father of Novicap, Federico Travella, explains how expertise attraction factored into organising store in Barcelona
- And George Chilton, Inventive Director at Hubbub Labs, talks in regards to the metropolis’s attraction and the impact large occasions have had on the startup scene
Don’t take our phrase for it although, hear for your self what they needed to say by clicking the video on the high of this text. And for even extra details about Barcelona‘s startup ecosystem, do check out this website by ACCIÓ.